Pedestrian injury

If you have suffered injury whilst a pedestrian, then you may be entitled to compensation if this is caused by an accident which was not your fault.

At Poole Alcock our specialist personal injury team have many years experience in helping people claim compensation.

You may have suffered personal injury due to the poor state of repair of a pavement which has caused you to trip and fall. Alternatively, you may have suffered injury as a result of stepping on something which has been spilt or dropped on the floor in a supermarket and which has caused you to slip and fall.

It may be the case that you have been struck by a vehicle, for example whilst crossing the road. We have successfully represented people who have been properly established and using a recognised pedestrian crossing but have been hit by a vehicle because the driver has failed to stop at the crossing.

Alternatively, you may have been walking along the pavement when you have been hit by a cyclist who was incorrectly riding along the pavement.

The person responsible for the accident may have been driving a vehicle which was not insured. Alternatively, you may be the victim of an accident caused by a ‘hit and run’ driver. In each of these cases, you may still be entitled to compensation by proceeding with a claim via the Motor Insurers’ Bureau. Any company offering motor insurance in the UK must be a member of the Motor Insurers’ Bureau. The Motor Insurers’ Bureau will compensate victims of uninsured and untraced drivers. We have represented many victims of accidents where the driver at fault was either not insured or was untraced.

If you have suffered injury as a result of an accident whilst walking or running which was not your fault, then please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to explain all relevant issues including the merits of your claim and the prospects of success. You can then decide how you wish to proceed.

If you have suffered injury, then you may be entitled to claim compensation not only for the injuries suffered, but also all expenses reasonably incurred and caused by the accident. These may include the following:

  • clothing damaged in the accident
  • loss of earnings including any future loss of earnings
  • medical treatment costs
  • incidental expenses to include travelling and parking expenses for the purpose of attending treatment. 

As a result of the injuries suffered, you may require care and assistance from friends and colleagues to help you with various tasks which you are not able to perform. Such care and assistance may only be required for several days whilst in other cases, it may be ongoing and required long into the future.

Depending on how serious the injury is which you have suffered, it may be possible for us to agree with the other side that they meet the cost of an initial assessment to ascertain the extent of your injury and the appropriate course of treatment. This is with the view to helping you to receive all appropriate treatment at the earliest opportunity to ensure you achieve the best possible recovery. The cost of such an assessment and any treatment will normally be agreed and paid by the other side.

Time Limit

Court proceedings must normally be commenced within three years of the date of your accident. If Court proceedings are not commenced within the three year period, then your claim will be out of time. Although a Court does have the discretion to allow Court proceedings to be commenced and to continue after the three year period has expired, this must not and cannot be relied on.

If you have any questions as to whether or not your claim may be out of time, then please do not hesitate to give us a call. It is essential you seek legal advice as soon as possible to prevent your claim being out of time.

Funding your claim

If your claim has reasonable prospects of success, then we will be happy to act for you on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis. We will make enquiries to ensure ‘no win, no fee’ is appropriate to you. We will be happy to discuss other funding options with you.

Free Consultation

If you have been involved in an accident which was not your fault, then please contact us immediately. We will be happy to help and to provide free initial advice.

There is no obligation to make a claim – you decide whether or not you wish to go ahead.

Poole Alcock’s personal injury department in Cheshire is accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and our expert Solicitors include members of the Law Society Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme and APIL Senior Litigators.

Click for free enquiry


"The decision to seek assistance with Poole Alcock proved to be an invaluable one. They assisted me at every step of the way with my case and made quite a daunting experience much less so. Society has become used to average and sometimes poor customer service from companies so the service from Poole Alcock really did stand out for me. Communication was fantastic, I was always updated as to what point we were at with the case. Telephone calls and emails were always dealt with quickly and efficiently. Post was always sent out when we were told it would be. Even though Andrew is a senior manager I was never made to feel that he didn't have enough time to speak to me or deal with my case. Both Andrew and all of his team go above and beyond to make what you might expect a not very pleasant experience to run as smoothly as possible."

Mrs H . Sandbach

Follow us on:

01270 361 292

Poole Alcock is a Limited Liability Partnership and are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Registered in England and Wales at: 238-246 Edleston Road, Crewe, Cheshire, CW2 7EH. Telephone: 01270 256665. LLP registration number 0C310420 Poole Alcock LLP has offices in Alsager (SRA No: 408249)0, Chester (SRA No: 408251), Congleton (SRA No: 408248), Crewe (SRA No: 408247), Nantwich (SRA No: 408250) and Sandbach (SRA No: 408252)A full list of Partners of Poole Alcock LLP is available for inspection at any of our offices. All solicitors are subject to rules and principles of professional conduct. The relevant codes can be found at�